Seymour is situated on the Goulburn River at the base of the Tallarook Ranges, between Nagambie, Broadford, Euroa and Yea Seymour's town center was originally located on Emily Street which was the main road between Melbourne and Sydney and became particularly busy during the the gold rush days. On that road is the historic Royal Hotel (built in 1848), the old court house (built in 1864 and now the visitor information center) and the old post office (built in 1873 and now an art gallery and restaurant). The arrival of the railway in 1872 saw the construction of the Seymour station in Station Street and the town started to develop in this geographic area which is today the heart of Seymour's commercial centre. There are shops along one side of Station Street, with one of the oldest buildings in that street being the Terminus Hotel which was built in 1897. The other side of Station Street consists of attractive landscaped gardens along the main railway line between Melbourne and Sydney. There is also the Seymour Central Shopping Center in Tallarook Street and a smaller local center can be found eastwards along Anzac Avenue. At New Crossing Place, the original site of the town on the banks of the Goulburn River is attractive parkland, picnic grounds, a fishing platform, boat ramp and walking trails along the river. Goulburn Park which fronts a wide bend in the river at Guild Street, offers picnic facilities, BBQs, a playground and is suitable for swimming. Kings Park in Tallarook Street and Chittick Park in Pollard Street are home to many of Seymour's recreational and sporting facilities. Seymour is located within scenic countryside, surrounded by fertile agricultural, pastoral and wine growing areas. Woodend is located between Macedon and Kyneton and at the northern end of Macedon's Black Forest. The town has a long history, dating back to the days of the Gold Rush of the 1850s, when Woodend was a service centre for people on their way to the goldfields of Bendigo and Castlemaine. The commercial center of Woodend is located along the tree-lined boulevard of High Street and retains a collection of historic buildings including the soaring clock tower in front of the post office and the Art Gallery building. Woodend's Bi-Lo supermarket, at the 19th Hole Shopping Center, features a collection of large murals depicting the Woodend's history on its outside walls. Other historical buildings include the bluestone St Mary's Anglican Church built in Buckland Street in 1864, and the old court house, dating back to 1870 in Forest Street. The Woodend Bridge, located near the visitor information centre, is a bluestone structure built in 1862 that allows High Street to span Five Mile Creek. The Woodend Golf Course, with its entrance on Davy Street, is built on the slopes of an extinct volcano. Fine views over the town, surrounding countryside and towards Mount Macedon can be enjoyed from many of the fairways. One of Woodend's major attractions is the Hanging Rock Reserve, located around 8 kilometres to the east of town.
* Note: Room prices change constantly. You should check the latest availability as in many cases the room price can be even lower than the listed price on the LastBeds website.