The city of Hong Kong, a Special Administrative Region of People's Republic of China, has grown from what was a simple fishing village. It was one of the fourth largest activities of the world and financial center and eighth largest trading economy.
Located in the southeast corner of China, Hong Kong has an area approximated of 1,104 square kilometers with 6,975,000 inhabitants approximated.
The 97% of the population are Chinese and speak English and Cantonese, but the Mandarin is becoming more popular in the city of Hong Kong now. Nowadays, several taxi drivers can communicate with tourists in English.
Districts: The city of Hong Kong is divided into 4 main areas .
• Hong Kong Island: It was the main center of the British settlement. The northern part of the Island is densely. Due to the shortage of the Earth , you'll find most of skyscrapers and the famous skyline of Hong Kong to along the northern coastline.
• Kowloon: It's the southern tip of the peninsula & faces Hong Kong island. It's the most populous area in Hong Kong, and the most densely populated place in the world.
• The New Territories: It was named by the British officials when leased from the chinese government in 1898. The northern part is known as the New territories. However, several travellers or tourists just rush through NT to arrive at the border.
he city of Hong Kong was a crown colony of the United Kingdom in the year of 1842. However, its sovereignty was transferred to the People's Republic of China(PRC) in 1997.
Hong Kong despite its british colonial past, has always stuck to its roots, but when the British handed the colony to (PRC) in early 1997, their unease has largely evaporated.
• The Outlying Islands: Located on Lantau (the bay of the discovery), the Around of 235 islands, including the popular destination of Lantau Island. T
* Note: Room prices change constantly. You should check the latest availability as in many cases the room price can be even lower than the listed price on the LastBeds website.